ADSM-L

Incremental DBbackups

2001-04-26 10:14:05
Subject: Incremental DBbackups
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:59:20 -0500
10 in a day seems a bit much. Are these all being triggered, or do you
just like doing backups constantly? If they're not being triggred that
often, you can get better protection through the combination of
logmode=rollforward and mirroring your log and database, with much less
frequent database backups. It will cost much less, too, in terms of
tapes, tape drive occupancy, and how much your library's robot has to
run around inside his cage. This will free the poor beast up to service
migration, reclamation, and user restores, faster. Are you running into
the 5gb maximum log size? I can't think of any other reason to BACKUP DB
this frequently.

=========An optimist is someone who says a glass is half full.==========
===A pessimist says it's half empty. An engineering consultant says,====
========"Looks like you've got twice as much glass as you need."========