ADSM-L

Bytes sent during backup.

2001-04-26 09:41:20
Subject: Bytes sent during backup.
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:42:02 -0400
Good morning everyone,

 I have a question concerning the number of bytes sent during a backup. TSM
Server 3.7.4 on OS/390 2.10 TSM Client 3.7.2 on NT.

 The backup of this particular node is working but the number of bytes sent
during the backup is close to 300mb yet I am only backing up about 50mb
(bytes received) from the node. The backup is also taking a very long time
to complete, about 2 hours.

 Can anyone shed some light on this for me? We are getting failures on 3
files but I am told by the client owner that these files are only about 3
mb to 4mb each with 4 retries.

 TIA

 Brian