ADSM-L

Re: Archiving Primary pool

2001-04-26 09:18:10
Subject: Re: Archiving Primary pool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:18:55 -0400
>Richard, which means the version I'm using does not support Backup Set?
>Right?

Right.

>Then, what is the alternative.  Can I, somehow archive my entire primary
>pool to some tapes or not?

Again, it's not clear what you mean by archiving storage pools.
I'd recommend reviewing the Protecting the Server part of the
Admin Guide manual, and looking into Disaster Recovery as an
established approach to what you seek to do.
And consider upgrading from ADSM to TSM.  The ADSM software
you are currently using is obsolete and unsupported, and you
are going to have to upgrade anyway; so consider doing it sooner
rather than later, and make all those new features available to
your site, to give you plenty of flexibility and choices.

    Richard Sims, BU