ADSM-L

MSExchange restore failes when Admin shares not available

2001-04-26 07:01:09
Subject: MSExchange restore failes when Admin shares not available
From: "Warren, Matthew James" <matthewjames.warren AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:01:51 +0100
Hello TSM'ers

We have a problem when we are trying to restore MSExchange backups.

We can take the backup without the administrative shares being available on
the client node, but when we come to restore the backup we get the following
error;

ACN4215E Failure to open file during restore operation.

We are able to perform the restore if we enable the administrative shares on
the target machine, but the security policy of this account prevents us from
having the admin shares available.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Matt.

Matthew Warren.          GZPTXW

EDS Core Infrastructure,