ADSM-L

Re: Sams Vantage??

2001-04-26 05:47:37
Subject: Re: Sams Vantage??
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 05:47:42 -0400
Interesting... What version of SAMS are you running? We also run it and
would agree that at times the syntax is "clunky" to get the data that you
want. We haven't experienced the blue screen or lock up problems.

We use it for almost all of daily metrics and reporting to customers and
management. Also use it to collect disk utilization and capacity information
on all of the file servers. We monitor servers all across the country and
from one pane of glass can display not only the status of our TSM
environments but also the status of the storage that TSM is backing up.

We are currently at 5.5.1 and in the process of upgrading to 6.x. Between
our records and theirs we seem to be out of sync on what our customer number
is. As soon as we get that corrected we should get the new version. Did look
at the Tivoli module but doesn't look like it will get the disk numbers we
are after. We have another group working with the Tivoli Endpoint clients
and the data that it can gather. So far it looks like a combination of the
Endpoint stuff and the SAMS stuff gives us the data that we are looking for.

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-240-6305