ADSM-L

Re: exporting nodes

2001-04-25 17:37:53
Subject: Re: exporting nodes
From: Sam Schrage <sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:37:41 -0500
Joe,

I've done this but never with the amount of data you mention.  It's rather
simple to set up.    Set up a device w/DEVTYPE=FILE.  When you EXPORT to
this device it creates a file(in our case with a mainframe hi-lev-qualifier
of ADSM) and then I ftp it to my other server, /tmp directory,  and IMPORT
it there after setting up a simple device on the target.

There is another way to set up  a server-to-server environment and it will
xmit the file interactively.  This is not fast, though.  Described in the
Administrator's Guide.

Good luck

Sam Schrage
TRW
sam.schrage AT trw DOT com

Joseph Dawes <jdawes AT CHUBB DOT COM> on 04/25/2001 03:46:50 PM