ADSM-L

Re: Advice

2001-04-24 16:31:16
Subject: Re: Advice
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:31:29 -0400
If I understand what you are asking then this will work.  If you put 2nd NIC in
TSM server, then on the client that you want to talk on that NIC, put the IP of
the 2nd TSM server NIC (replacing the current IP address) in the dsm.sys or
dsm.opt depending on client platform.

Then from the client, initiate session to server and it should then talk on
that NIC and the server will reply to the IP that client came in on and should
use that new NIC according to standard OS level IP routing as they are on same
subnet.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU 04/24/01 03:55PM >>>
Our TSM server is on one ip subnet and a large system I backup every night
about 300GB of data nightly is in the same room as the TSM server but on
another ip subnet.  I would like the data going into TSM from that large
system to be switched not routed to TSM.

Does anyone know if TSM can listen across multiple nics on different ip
subnets if I put another card in the TSM server on the same subnet as the
large system I backup nightly.

Thanks
***************************EMAIL  DISCLAIMER**************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/24/01 16:32:57
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.