ADSM-L

Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.

2001-04-24 16:16:42
Subject: Re: Expiration of DbBackup, Volhist and Libvolume status.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:17:17 -0400
Hi John,

I would just pull the volsers of the libvolumes that are defined as
DBBACKUP:
select volume_name from libvolumes where last_use='DbBackup'

Then look and see if they still live ANYWHERE in volume history:
select * from volhistory where volume_name='XXXXXX'

Assuming these are physically in the 3494, if they don't exist in
volhistory, and they don't exist in a storage pool, I would change them all
back to scratch tapes:
update libv libname volumename status=scratch

Then just watch to see if they get reused.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert