ADSM-L

Re: ANR8359E ANR8830E

2001-04-23 16:12:35
Subject: Re: ANR8359E ANR8830E
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:58:17 -0400
Debbie,
     I'm experiencing the same problem in our NYC site. We had 1 failure in
the last year and now we've had over 6 tape/dive failures the last 2 weeks
We're a little different: ADSM Server - 3.7.3.6
OS - AIX 4.3.3
Atape 6.0.4.0
atldd 4.1.5.0
Tape Library IBM 3494
Tape drive IBM 3590 E1A
Tape brand - IBM and Imation
Our CE said we are down level in our micro-code

We just started using a new batch of Imation tapes and 5 of the six tape
failure have been with the new batch.
We actually had 5 tapes snap, yes snap.
Our CE replaced all the electronic parts of one drive but none of the
moving parts?????
Imation will be evaluating the tapes, they say as soon as they get tehm to
give me their 2 cents.
Meanwhile IBM is coming in tomorrow with their "top gun" for 3494/3590 to
run advanced diagnostics and bring us up to date on microcode.
How old are your tapes and what level of micro-code are you at?
i've been told that Imation is the only manufacturer of the tapes even
though IBM oem's them.
About 5 months we had a shipment delivered to our sit only to have Imation
contact us and ask to send them back due to what they called " a problem
with verification of Q/A"
HMMMMMMMM

"Debbie Lane" <Debbie.Lane AT INTERMEC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 04/23/2001
03:27:11 PM