ADSM-L

Re: Why diskdirs pools

2001-04-23 12:08:17
Subject: Re: Why diskdirs pools
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT STAFF.EDNET.NS DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:08:30 -0300
The main benefit that I see is that you can backup more clients simultaneously
than you have tape drives in your library.

For example, if you want to backup 10 clients at the same time and only have 4
tape drives 6 of the clients will just sit there waiting for tape mounts. If
they backup up to a disk pool first then you don't have this problem.

Quoting "Vibhute, Bandu" <BVibhute AT BAKING.BESTFOODS DOT COM>:

> Salman,
>
> It depends on how you implement DISKDIRPOOL. It takes very less space
> compared to file data. There are various options to keep it in primary
> pools. You can use cache feature and keep it in disk pool.
> If you are restoring from disaster DISKDIRPOOL can be restored from
> offsite
> tape first and then files.
>
> Bandu

Staff Sig...