ADSM-L

Re: TDP 3.1 and PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

2001-04-23 11:05:07
Subject: Re: TDP 3.1 and PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:48:04 -0500
If you're running passwordaccess generate in the dsm.sys, the backint client
uses the same password as the tsm client -- there's no need to set the
password with the backint command (which, if installed correctly, is setuid
root).

If you have multiple server stanzas in the dsm.sys pointing to the *same*
tsm server over multiple networks, you will find that passwordaccess
generate only updates the password for the server that matches your default
server for normal backups.

I ended up setting the password to never expire on the TSM server, coded
passwordaccess prompt on all the dsm.sys stanzas, updated the init<SID>.utl
accordingly, and ran the backint command to store the passwords -- these get
stored in /oracle/<SID>/dbs/init<SID>.bki

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.