ADSM-L

Antw: Re: TDP 3.1 and PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

2001-04-23 09:39:00
Subject: Antw: Re: TDP 3.1 and PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:38:30 +0100
Hi,

I changed the right for the passwordfile to 777 but it doesn't help. I think
that this is not the problem. When I try to change the password vor tdp with
passwordaccess prompt is works. And this password is stored at the same file,
as far as I know.

Greatings, Wolfgang

>>> Cody Cauchi <cody AT UWINDSOR DOT CA> 23.04.01 14:12:43 >>>
     If you are not root make sure that the encrypted password's rights are
not rwx for root only. I ran into the same problem when I implemented TDP
for Lotus Domino on our AIX machines.

Cody Cauchi,  Systems Programmer, ITS
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, Ontario
Phone - 253-3000 x4435

                    Wolfgang
                    Herkenrath           To:     ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
                    <w.herkenrath        cc:
                    @LVR.DE>             Subject:     TDP 3.1 and
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT vm DOT ma
                    rist.edu>

                    04/23/2001
                    09:54 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi *'SM'ers,

I installed TDP 3.1.0.5 on a TSM-Client 3.7.20 (AIX 4.3.3).
After some starting problems the client is now able to backup.

But now I've got the following problem:

At my dsm.sys file in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin I set the
passwordaccess to prompt. All works fine.
But when I change the passowordaccess to generate the passwordverification
fails. The passwordrequired parameter at the util-file is set to no (like
it is discribed at the documentation).

So, I changed the password for the client at the server. I start dsmc with
root-user and tipe the new password. So far so good.
Now I run the command 'backint -p initSYS.utl -f password' to set the
password for TDP. But it failes.

Are there any ideas why my normal dsmc session works and the backint call
failed?

TIA

Wolfgang