ADSM-L

Space reclamation.

2001-04-23 00:55:35
Subject: Space reclamation.
From: Geoff Fitzhardinge <gfitzhar AT AGL.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:56:01 +1000
Marco,

Tivoli could do either of two things for us to avoid the problem you describe
(below, and
which used to drive me nuts):

1. Provide a parameterless 'cancel reclamation' command (as was done at
3.1.2.40 for
expirations)

or possibly

2. Cause 'upd stg XXX recl=100' to cancel any running reclamations for that pool

In the absence of this, you have to write some sort of script (outside TSM
because TSM
scripting doesn't let you do it) which issues a 'q pr' and picks out the
process id's which
you then pass back in individual 'can pr NNN' commands.

How you do this depends on your server platform and its scheduling/scripting
facilities.
I have OS/390 and my friendly CONTROL-O administrator provided a very neat
solution.

Good luck,
Geoff