ADSM-L

Re: LTO Performance

2001-04-20 13:26:20
Subject: Re: LTO Performance
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:26:24 -0400
At 01:19 PM 4/20/2001 -0400, Weeks, Debbie wrote:
Does anyone out there have any similar experience?  We do have support from
both Tivoli and IBM hardware support, any suggestions on who to call first?

Try running a tar, or some other non-TSM application, to the LTO tape to
see if the poor performance is only for TSM or for the tape drives.  If
it's only bad for TSM, call TSM support first.

I'm very interested in what you find out about this.  In particular, I'd
like to know if the problem has anything to do with LTO drives dropping out
of streaming mode into start/stop mode.