ADSM-L

redirect output(Update)

2001-04-20 12:02:24
Subject: redirect output(Update)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:01:58 -0700
Here is the problem(UPDATE), maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yes I can run a
query or whatever and have the output redirected to a file if I run it from
a command prompt. I am having problems trying to run it from a TSM server
command script with the administrative command scheduler kicking it off.

The TSM server command "Tape_Checkout":
query drmedia * wherestate=mo source=dbsnapshot > /tmp/checkout.txt
move drmedia * wherestate=mo remove=yes tostate=courier source=dbsnapshot

The first part of the script fails for the redirection output to a file, the
second part works. I would like to run this through the TSM Scheduler for
simplicity but maybe it is not possible to create an output file this way.

Thanks again,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer