ADSM-L

Restoring DB without LOGs

2001-04-19 06:40:18
Subject: Restoring DB without LOGs
From: Andreas Walter <adsm AT BBDO-INTERACTIVE DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:42:57 +0200
Hi,

we've got a serious problem. We are doing online backups with our DB2
Databases. The LOGs should have been backed also (seperate mechanism).
However they haven't and the machine has got a serious hdd failure.
We have only the online Backup and - of course - DB2 refuses to use the
backup without the LOGs. Actually we wouldn't have a problem with
loosing the last transactions (we can retransmit them even for days,
weeks or month) That boils it down to the question if it is possible to
"force" DB2 to "don't worry about the problems, which might occur". Any
chances? We use UDB V6.

Thanks and regards,
Andreas Walter
BBDO Interactive GmbH