ADSM-L

Problem configuring a Library

2001-04-18 16:41:35
Subject: Problem configuring a Library
From: Geoff Pusey <Geoff_Pusey AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:38:18 +0100
Hi all,

I hope there is some one out there which can shed some light on this
problem. I have a SUN server where the TSM code is loaded (Version 3.7.4)
which has a fiber channel card which is in turn attached to a Fiber switch
(StorageTec 4116), of which a fiber to SCSI bridge is connected and then
the STKL700 library is connected to the Bridge.
____________                          _____________________
__________________          ______________
| Sun system  |___________|    Fiber Switch                    |____|
Bridge                    |____|        Library        |  3 X DLT7000
Drives 1 X autochanger
|___________|                          |____________________|
|_________________|          |_____________|

These are the entries I have put in the /usr/kernel/drv/mt.conf file

        name="mt" class="scsi" class_prop="fcaw"
                target=0 lun=0;
        name="mt" class="scsi" class_prop="fcaw"
                target=0 lun=1;
        name="mt" class="scsi" class_prop="fcaw"
                target=0 lun=2;

When I do the /usr/sbin/add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/drv/mt  I
get an error unable to attach to drive and there are no *mt rmt devises
created, and in the case of the lb driver it finds a CD rom drive which is
on the first SCSI inside the SUN system and not the SCSI card which is on
the other side of the Fiber.

How do I get it to look on the other side of the Fiber?
Regards,

Geoff Pusey
Tivoli Advisory Consultant
Tivoli Systems.
Office   : +44 (0)1753 896896
Mobile : +44 (0) 780 8203704
Email    : geoff.pusey AT tivoli DOT com