ADSM-L

When to reclaim copy storage pools

2001-04-18 12:04:53
Subject: When to reclaim copy storage pools
From: Jon Milliren <jon.milliren AT IA.PITT DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:05:56 -0400
Hi,

        Just wondered when to run reclaim on copy storage pool. Is this
normally done when copy stgpool volumes reach a certain percentage of
reclaimable space, or on a weekly basis "whether it needs it or not".

        Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to determine when I will get some tapes
back from offsite. So far, I've made a copy storage pool, and run my
copy stg operations daily. So far, it doesn't look like I can reclaim
any volumes yet... I've started this about two weeks ago.

Thanks,

Jon

--
Jon Milliren