ADSM-L

Re: Roll Forward Mode

2001-04-17 11:35:16
Subject: Re: Roll Forward Mode
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:36:19 +0200
Hi  Geoff,

You can increase BUFPOOLSIZE only if it take REAL memory, not swap.
use the SVMON -P <pid> to check how much RAM TSM is really using.

Before turning TSM into roll forward, reset your LOG MAX % UTIL and
wait for a day or two to check the max % used. (adsm> help reset log)

2 Gig seems to be good for a 9 gig DB. Adjust your DB backup trigger
(q stat) to something like 70 or 80% and test is for several days.

rv