ADSM-L

finding unused mgmt classes - why didn't this work?

2001-04-17 11:19:18
Subject: finding unused mgmt classes - why didn't this work?
From: Gina Glenewinkel <gglenewi AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:17:50 -0500
Some time ago I posted to this list a question about how to find out if my
old management classes are still managing any client data.  A couple of you
responded suggesting this select statement:   select * from archives where
class_name='classname'   and the same for backups.  I ran this on several
management classes and got "no match found for this query".  Thinking that
meant there was no data found governed by that management class, I deleted
it and got the expected message about any data will be rebound to the
default management class.  I did not expect any data to be rebound.  Turns
out, I deleted some active management classes by mistake because I thought
they weren't being used.

Can anyone tell me why my select statement didn't work as expected?

/gina