ADSM-L

Re: HSM Migration Processes

2001-04-17 11:13:06
Subject: Re: HSM Migration Processes
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:11:53 -0400
You need to update the storage pool for more parallel migration
processes. Look at this below:

>>-UPDate STGpool---pool_name----------------------------------->

>-----+------------------------------+-------------------------->
      '-DESCription--=--description--'

>-----+-----------------------------+--------------------------->
      '-ACCess--=--+-READWrite---+--'
                   +-READOnly----+
                   '-UNAVailable-'

>-----+------------------------------------+-------------------->
      '-MAXSIze--=--+-maximum_file_size-+--'
                    '-NOLimit-----------'

>-----+----------------------------+---+----------------------+->
      '-NEXTstgpool--=--pool_name--'   '-HIghmig--=--percent--'

>-----+---------------------+---+--------------------+---------->
      '-LOwmig--=--percent--'   '-CAChe--=--+-Yes-+--'
                                            '-No--'

>-----+------------------------+---+--------------------+------->
      '-MIGPRocess--=--number--'   '-MIGDelay--=--days--'

>-----+--------------------------+-----------------------------><
      '-MIGContinue--=--+-No--+--'
                        '-Yes-'

MIGPRocess
     Specifies the number of processes that are used for migrating files
     from this storage pool. This parameter is optional. You can specify
an
     integer from 1 to 999.

     During migration, these processes are performed in parallel to
provide
     the potential for improved migration rates.

I believe the migration process will default to >1< for a storage pool
if you do not force it to a higher number.

         Al

Alan Davenport
Selective Insurance
alan.davenport AT selective DOT com