ADSM-L

move a tape library between servers

2001-04-16 10:19:26
Subject: move a tape library between servers
From: Michael Pirker <PIRKER AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:05:07 +0200
Hello,

I have got the problem that I want to sunset an existing TSM server with 5
TB of data on a library.
The library will be reused on another already existing TSM system that is
in production.

I do not like the idea of creating a big amount of exported nodes. This
would take much to long to
be completed and is much to resource intensive. Another problem is that I
do not have the storage space for this.

I'm looking for a way to just unplug the library from the source system and
plug it to the target system without
moving any data exept the data that describes the stored data on the
library in the source TSM server.

So I need something like a database backup that has to be restored on the
new server without distroying
the already existing data on the new TSM server.

Did somebody already do this (I'm sure yes) - please help me and give me
some ideas.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Michael Pirker