ADSM-L

Re: Expanding ADSM DB Using Raw Logical Volumes. help please

2001-04-16 10:02:26
Subject: Re: Expanding ADSM DB Using Raw Logical Volumes. help please
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:02:56 -0400
Thank you.  I have not went ahead with anything yet.  I was suspicious of
the dsmfmt command because there is no filname to specify with raw volumes!
I inherited 2 old ADSM servers that are using all raw vols for ADSM.  I've
never had to work directly with the volumes before and the admin V3 manuals
really don't say much about them.  So now would this be the correct
proceedure?  Database backup already performed by the way.

1.      Move Data from chosen storage pool vols

2.      Vary off the volumes I have already chosen from ADSM
          Storage pool vols cannot be varied off so I guess move to the next
step?

3.      Delete the vols from ADSM

4.      In Smitty rename the volumes to reflect new status of DB vols
        instead of stg vols

5.      Define db vol and copy

6.      Extend DB

And it should all be happy?