ADSM-L

Re: Unmodified files being backed up - Netware 4.11

2001-04-12 13:14:05
Subject: Re: Unmodified files being backed up - Netware 4.11
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:14:49 -0400
>I am doing incremental backups of a Netware 4.11 server with client code
>3.7.2.21. Tivoli is backing up files that are not changing. Any thoughts?.

You need to be very specific about "not changing".  Chapter 3 of the
client manual specifies the criteria which govern backup candidacy,
including attributes and rights.  In most operating systems, the
attributes may well change while the file data remains unchanged;
and preservation of the changed attributes is in order.