ADSM-L

Backup Sets

2001-04-10 17:27:12
Subject: Backup Sets
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:28:17 -0500
Currently I do regular TSM ncremental backups of my servers every night.  I
was wondering is there any reason I should start creating Backup Sets.  I
still have the ability to restore my server to its last backed up state if
it were to fail.  Therefore I don't see much reason for doing Backup Sets
accept for the ability to restore the downed server from portable media if
TSM isn't available.  Does anyone have any opinoins on types of backups to
do on NT, and AIX systems that will give me the best recoverablity in case
of a failure.

Thanks
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.