ADSM-L

Re: ADSM database backup to a file.

2001-04-10 08:03:23
Subject: Re: ADSM database backup to a file.
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:00:13 -0500
Sure, to move an adsm environment across town where I was a few states away
and didn't want to fly in for a half day...
define a device class of "FILE" and use it to backup the DB.
I did a full, then FTP'ed it over to a new machine that was to become the
server... as soon as I got the full FTP'ed over I did a restore with
commit=no, then I locked out clients, did an incremental, FTP'ed that one
over, did a restore with commit=yes and started up TSM.  (while I was doing
that the DNS folks were doing there thing, then the clients just had to
bounce their schedulers...)

      .-MOUNTLimit--=--1----------------.
>-----+---------------------------------+----------------------->
      '-MOUNTLimit--=--mountlimitvalue--'

      .-MAXCAPacity--=--4M----.
>-----+-----------------------+--------------------------------->
      '-MAXCAPacity--=--size--'

      .-DIRectory--=--current_directory_name--.
>-----+---------------------------------------+----------------><
      '-DIRectory--=--directory_name----------'

so something like
def devc FLATFILE devt=file maxcap=4096M dir=/usr/adsm/flatfile
then just use it like
backup db t=f s=y dev=flatfile
and it will create a file in /usr/adsm/flatfile
to automatically get rid of the file in that directory, do like you would
normally... del volhist t=dbb tod=-x and any db backup files in
/usr/adsm/flatfile older than "x" will be deleted...

Dwight