ADSM-L

Re: Migrate AIX-OS/390

2001-04-06 16:39:05
Subject: Re: Migrate AIX-OS/390
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIAGARAMOHAWK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:39:29 -0400
Bert,

I am in the process of going the other way.  We are moving most of our TSM
(V3.7) workload from OS/390 2.6 on a
9672-R55(~266 mips) to TSM V4.1 onan AIX H80 using the same type 3590
drives we used for mainframe TSM on the Fibre Channel version. In general
we are getting much better performance from AIX on TSM than we did on the
mainframe.  I've spent a whole lot of time trying to determine where the
performance issue is with out TSM on MVS.  Let me share some of my thoughts
and findings are from my experience.

First to answer your question directly, we use an average of 30% or our R55
CPU resources during second and third shift.  We backup about 360GB per
night mixture of compressed an uncompressed by my TSM clients.

Bert Moonen <bert.moonen AT ABP DOT NL>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 04/06/2001 06:31:38 AM