ADSM-L

Creating devices in Win2000

2001-04-05 16:04:09
Subject: Creating devices in Win2000
From: Rob Schroeder <robs AT FAMOUSFOOTWEAR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:05:17 -0500
I have looked at the referred archive page and could not find what I was
looking for.  Here is my environment:

     Win2000 server running TSM 4.1 server on ehternet network and our SAN

     3494 ATl connected via TCP/IP
     3590E drive connected to the SAN via fibre within that ATL

My question:

How do I define a new tape library/tape drive to the 2000 server so that
the TSM server can see it?  I have remote storage installed on the server,
but the device did not show up automatically.  I assume I have a driver to
install, but could not find anyhting on IBM's web site.

Thanks in advance

Rob Schroeder
Famous Footwear