ADSM-L

a question about archivelog

2001-04-05 10:13:12
Subject: a question about archivelog
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:13:13 -0500
A question about the command--
on pg 70 of the Redbook, 3.1.3.1 When to use archive log.  It says to set
up an hourly schedule to run archivelog hi=80 lo=20-- and it will check
utilization of the transaction log space & perform a backup of the
transaction files if the threshold is triggered.

However, in the next paragraph, it says "Unfortunately, there is not way
to query the current utilization of the Domino database transaction log."

What gives?  How can you do thresholds if you can't query how much space
the extents occupy?

(and please forgive me if I am being braindead, I come by it pretty
naturally)

lisa

Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
04/02/2001 08:26 AM