ADSM-L

GUI on Solaris 8

2001-04-05 08:28:01
Subject: GUI on Solaris 8
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:28:38 +0200
Hy all,

a collegue of mine has to install the TSM-Client for SUN-Solaris 8.0 .
Client OS-Level is Solaris 8, TSM-Client-Level is 4.1.2.12, TSM-Server : AIX
4.3.3, TSM 3.7.4

After installation the gui-client on the SUN runs fine if I start it from an
X-window.
If I start it from CDE it opens the window only with icons not with the
description of the icons and writes the following error-messages :
Warning : Name : FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
           CLASS : XmRendition
           Conversion failed. Cannot load fonts.
Warning : No font found

By clicking on one icon, the machine writes a core-dump.

What to do, that dsm can find fonts on this client , or whats wrong ?

Thanks for help
Christoph