ADSM-L

Object name SYSTEM OBJECT not valid?

2001-04-04 17:45:23
Subject: Object name SYSTEM OBJECT not valid?
From: "Stackwick, Steven J." <Stephen.Stackwick AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:30:56 -0400
Greetings...
I'm backing up the SYSTEM OBJECT on Win2k Server and TSM 4.1.2 and it fails
with this message:

"ANS4042E Object name SYSTEM OBJECT contains one or more unrecognised
characters and is not valid."

To see exactly <where> in the SYSTEM OBJECT backup the failure occurs, I ran
the pieces separatley from the command line.  The error happens after the
BACKUP SYSFILES scans over 1000 files.  No system files get backed up after
the error.

Anyone else seen this? The files (boy, there's a lot of them!) and
directories look no stranger than usual.  I mean, <I> wouldn't call a file
{121-2-033-64}, but Windows and TSM don't normally seem to have a problem
with this.

TSM's error book sez 'Check the disk for errors'.

Stephen J. Stackwick
JHU/APL
stephen.stackwick AT jhuapl DOT edu
240 228-8684