ADSM-L

MediaW problem

2001-04-04 15:35:30
Subject: MediaW problem
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:01:22 -0500
I run my backups at night around 10:30pm.  I have around 50 servers doing
incrementals concurrently at this time.  I noticed that about half are
experiencing MEDIAW when I do a "q session".  They seem to be waitng to for
a tape to load in my library for them to write to but the storage pool that
these clients write to first is disk based then when it fills to 90% it
should migrate to tape.  My question is, if they are suppose to be going to
disk storage pool first and it isn't full then why are they waiting for
tape.  Which is what I am assuming is happening.

Thanks
Richard
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.