ADSM-L

Re: Big file is failing on HP-UX

2001-04-04 08:08:28
Subject: Re: Big file is failing on HP-UX
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:08:58 -0400
What is the maxscratch value set to on your storage pool?  If you do a "q
stg poolname f=d" (also where to see the Maximum Scratch Volumes)  is the
Pct Migr value reading 100.0?  If so, you're using all the scratch tapes
you're allowing for that pool.  "upd stg poolname maxscratch=X" will fix
that, as long as X is greater than the current setting.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

                    ABDULSALAM
                    ABDULLA              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected]       cc:
                    O.AE>                Subject:     Re: Big file is failing
on HP-UX
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    04/04/01 12:49
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

It is running as root.  I don't think the permissions was causing this
problem.  Because next day I run the schedule only for that
file and it did go through.
It was giving [ANS1311E Server out of data storage space] message even
though I had tons of scratch tapes.
What could be the problem, I noticed this happen quite regularly.

Thanks,
Salam