ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 3.7.3 running on AIX 4.3.3 with 2 CPUs at 200 MHzand 2 GB of RAM

2001-04-02 16:50:06
Subject: Re: TSM Server 3.7.3 running on AIX 4.3.3 with 2 CPUs at 200 MHzand 2 GB of RAM
From: Allen Barth <allen_barth AT SCUDDER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:49:44 -0500
Well I've got a 4.1.1 TSM server on AIX 4.3.3.06 in an H70 box and this
morning our performance guy came over and said "dsmserv is killing the
box".  I logged in to TSM and found several old web admin client sessions
hanging around.  Killed those, cpu back to normal.   It's a shot...

Al Barth
Zurich Scudder Investments

                    David Longo
                    <David.Longo@HEALTH-        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    FIRST.ORG>                  cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     Re: TSM Server
3.7.3 running on AIX 4.3.3 with 2 CPUs at 200
                    Stor Manager"               MHzand 2 GB of RAM
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    04/02/01 03:38 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

We have nearly identical setup.  Have RS6000 - F50 with 2x 332MHZ CPU, 2GB
RAM and backup 250+ GB daily from 100 nodes.  TSM 3.7.4.0.

Our CPU runs about 90% util when busy.  Have Bufpool set at 65536, get
between 98-99% cache hit percent.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Arthur.Kleynerman AT MOODYS DOT COM 04/02/01 04:31PM >>>
Hello all,

I have a similar question to the one asked earlier...

Our TSM server (V3.7.3) is running on AIX 4.3.3.
2 CPU at 200 MHz, 2 GB of RAM

We have over 250 GB of data backed up to our server on a daily basis and
the
CPU is always maxed out, at or near 100%.

We are currently considering buying a new, more powerful node, but I was
thinking that maybe upgrading the current one is more cost-effective.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Arthur.

---------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express
permission.  If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent
hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or any
attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, check this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 04/02/01 16:39:02
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular
entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views
or opinions.