ADSM-L

Re: Version Data Exists

2001-03-30 09:37:50
Subject: Re: Version Data Exists
From: Maria Paz Gimeno <mpgimeno AT IBERCOM DOT ES>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:37:43 +0200
> For example, if I have 'Version Data Exists' as 90 and 'Retain Extra
> Versions' as 60, would it keep 75th file version if it is older then 60
> days?
No. I should be deleted as soon as 60 days have passed.
Version Data Exists = 90 means to keep a maximun of 90 versions, but they
all have to be younger than 60 days.
Because Retain Extra Version = 60 means delete inactive versions that are
older than 60 days.
The active version, that is the last is never deleted while the file exists
on the client system.
Similarly the Version Data deleted means number of versions to keep once the
file is deleted in the client system and
Retain Only Version means number of days to keep the only version after the
file is deleted.
Regards
Maria