ADSM-L

Re: dbbackup tapes expiration

2001-03-30 09:36:46
Subject: Re: dbbackup tapes expiration
From: "Chibois, Herve" <Chibois_H AT ADMIRAL DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:37:42 +0200
Hi Anton,

1) DB

to see how many tapes are reserved for DB backup, type the following

adsm > q volhistory type=dbb

Then if you wnat to keep only the DB backup for a month, you can type

adsm > del volh type=dbb todate=today-30

All the volumes (disk file if any, and tapes) will be free-ed, and tapes
will return to scratch pool

2) cleaning
Which version of TSM Are you running, on which platform
I don't know if this library is cleaning-enabled with TSM.

Depending on your TSM version and library, you could either :

let the lib do the cleans when needed. Clean tape must be in a specific
slot
tell TSM that the slot X contains a cleaning tape
manually loads the cleaning tape into the drive and clean it (unlucky guy)

Rv