ADSM-L

SELECT question

2001-03-30 05:05:33
Subject: SELECT question
From: Michel Engels <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:08:15 +0100
I think I have a problem in my select statement. The problem is not that it
produces to much output or does not work. The problem is that it takes to much
time to give a result. Up to 25 minutes to get the report wanted (see output).
Could anyone give me an indication on how I have to change my select statement
or my script to improve the response time. There is the possibility to work with
cursors but I did not find any documentation so I do not know what is possible.

The scripts is:

Name           Line       Command

               Number
----------     ------
Q_STGVOLS2     1          /*  -------------------------------------------*/
Q_STGVOLS2     1          /*  -------------------------------------------*/

               5          /*  Script Name:  Q_STGVOLS2                   */

               15         /*               for each storage pool and the */

               20         /*               maxscratch value              */

               25         /*  Parameter:   none                          */

               30         /*  Example:  run q_stgvols2                   */

               35         /*  -------------------------------------------*/

               40         select stgpool_name, -

               45                count(*) as "Nbr Datasets", -

               50                sum(est_capacity_mb) as "Capacity"  -

               55           from volumes -

               60           where devclass_name = 'DISK' -

               65           group by stgpool_name

               70         select a.stgpool_name, -

               75             count(*) as "Nbr Tapes", -

               80             b.maxscratch, -

               85             sum(a.est_capacity_mb) as "Capacity"  -

               90           from volumes a, stgpools b -

               95           where a.devclass_name <> 'DISK' and -

               100                a.stgpool_name=b.stgpool_name -

               105          group by a.stgpool_name, b.maxscratch

The output is:

Report Start Time: 1:30

Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 4, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server TSMMVS01: MVS
  Server Version 3, Release 7, Level 1.0
  Server date/time: 03/28/2001 01:27:56  Last access: 03/28/2001 01:27:55

ANS8000I Server command: 'run q_stgvols2'

STGPOOL_NAME           Nbr Datasets                              Capacity
------------------     ------------     ---------------------------------
ARCHIVEPOOL                       2                                1001.2
ARCHIVEPOOL                       2                                1001.2
ARCHTEST                          1                                 100.5
BACKUPPOOL                       31                               12715.2
BCKPTEST                          1                                 500.6
CC_DEV_BUPOOL                     6                                6003.0
CC_PROD_BUPOOL                    8                                2752.8
CC_PROJECT_STUFF_-                1                                 500.6
 BUPOOL
IEBUPOOL                         12                               12006.0
IPPABACKUPPOOL                    7                                3253.8
PAPBUPOOL                         3                                1501.8
TESTPOOL                          3                                1501.8

STGPOOL_NAME             Nbr Tapes      MAXSCRATCH
Capacity
------------------     -----------     -----------
---------------------------------
ARCTAPPOOL                       1              20
ARCTAPPOOL                       1              20
                                9216.0
AXABCOPYPOOL                     3             100
                               27615.7
BUCOPYPOOL                       1              50
                                9216.0
BUMIGPOOL                      624             800
525159.4
BUMIGPOOL2                      31             150
347562.6
CC_DEV_BUMIGPOOL                33             100
                               27888.6
CC_PROD_BUMIGPOOL               19             100
                               16193.9
IEMIGBUPOOL                    150             180
126243.1
IPPABUMIGPOOL                   18             100
                               14996.7
PAPMIGPOOL                       2              50
                                1563.8
SAP_BACKUPPOOL                   2             150
                                1440.0

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

Report End Time: 1:55

Any help is appriciated. Thanks in advance,

Michel Engels
TSM Administrator