ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful

2001-03-28 14:32:42
Subject: Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:35:20 -0600
Absolutely, cycle the power on your 3575 and it will "initialize element status"
(you must have noticed that little ceremony taking place ;-). This will put a
fresh status of the elements into what I referred to as "RAM"... This memory is
not volitile, I think, so you might just get away with doing an "initialize
element status" from the front panel but if there is some sort of weird thing
going on, it is probably best to cycle the power and let it stay off for a
couple minutes before powering back on. Once it is done initializing element
status, it will see the slot as empty. The way this might have happened is that
someone could have taken the tape out of slot 210 and the library has run
initialize element status since the tape was moved. This is not a big deal and
will happen.... George

Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM> on 03/28/2001 01:21:13 PM