ADSM-L

Re: audit library STILL unsuccessful!

2001-03-28 12:52:06
Subject: Re: audit library STILL unsuccessful!
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:50:27 -0500
Thankyou to everyone that is helping!

okay, i ran this and you are right... there was NOT an entry for slot 210.
Now what?  If I run an audit, it will still error out with :

03/27/01 13:56:55     ANR8788W Unable to read the barcode of cartridge in
                       slot-id 210 in library TEKWOLF;  loading in drive to
read
                       label.
03/27/01 13:56:56     ANR8300E I/O error on library TEKWOLF (OP=00006C03,
                       CC=301, KEY=05, ASC=30, ASCQ=00,
SENSE=70.00.05.00.00.00-
                       .00.0C.00.00.00.00.30.00.00.00.00.00.00.00.,
Description-
                       =Cartridge load failure).  Refer to Appendix B in
the
                       'Messages' manual for recommended action.
03/27/01 13:56:59     ANR8460E AUDIT LIBRARY process for library TEKWOLF
failed

                    David Longo
                    <David.Longo@HEALTH-        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    FIRST.ORG>                  cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     Re: audit library
STILL unsuccessful!
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    03/28/2001 12:26 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

you can use: q libvol   - but that is in volume name order.  Use the select
you can use: q libvol   - but that is in volume name order.  Use the select
statement:

select home_element,volume_name from libvolumes order by home_element

This will give you the list in element order and make it easy to find what
TSM thinks is in a slot in your library.

If you ran the audit already it may have already deleted/corrected the
entry in TSM to match the library so you may not be able to tell what WAS
in that slot.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM 03/28/01 12:06PM >>>
Is there a way to find out what Volume TSM thinks is in a particular Slot
(Element ID)????????
I need to find out what volume TSM thinks is in slot 210 so that I can
check it out of the library...  (Slot 210 is empty)

                    Marc D Levitan
                                         To:     "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                    03/28/2001           cc:
                    11:23 AM             Subject:     Re: audit library
STILL unsuccessful!(Document link: Marc D Levitan)

Unfortunately, i don't know what volume is supposed to go in the slot!  =)
(I can't checkout a volume that i don't know what it is...)
I also checked ALL of my volumes for their element number hoping that I
would find one that had slot 210.  No luck.

                    Roger C Cook
                    <rcook@ROTECH        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .COM>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: audit library
STILL unsuccessful!
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    03/28/2001
                    11:14 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

If you cannot locate the volume and manually put it into the slot (which I
had to do for a couple that were in the wrong slot), you will need to use
FORCE=YES  (which I also had to use). Luckily the ones I could not locate
were scratch volumes.

Roger C Cook
RCG Information Services