ADSM-L

Can't Get New MGMTCLASS to Work

2001-03-28 12:41:00
Subject: Can't Get New MGMTCLASS to Work
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:41:23 -0500
We are running 3.7.3 server on OS/390.  On one of our NetWare servers running
client level 4.1.1 we wanted to start collocating a filespace we were not
collocating before.  I defined a new management class and backup copygroup for
it.  I pointed the copygroup to new storage pools (a disk pool migrating to a
tape pool).  I formatted and defined volumes for the disk pool.  I activated
the policyset with the new management class.  I had the NetWare people update
the backup to use an include naming the new management class.  But when the
backup runs it does not use the new management class.  Nothing gets written to
the new storage pools.  The logs for the backup don't show any problems that I
can relate to this.  I have reviewed the documentation and the list archives
but have not found anything additional I need to do.  Am I missing something?
Does anyone have suggestions for where to look.

Thanks for any ideas.

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952