ADSM-L

Re: Problem with log file

2001-03-28 07:51:57
Subject: Re: Problem with log file
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:52:34 -0500
>How can I move log files to an other dir.
>lg2 and lg3 are now in /lgaa1dk7

Miguel - As you undoubtedly realize now, TSM keeps track of
         Recovery Log volume pathnames in its database.
I would put the volumes back where they were, bring up the
server, define new volumes in the other location, and then
do DELete LOGVolume to get off the old ones: TSM will move
any data in the old location to the new one.  If space is
an issue, you can use this technique to leap-frog until you
get everything where you need it, allocating log volumes
with minimal space where necessary.  It is best to disable
sessions and processes in the mean time, to prevent a mass
of data from going into the Recovery Log.

  Richard Sims, BU