ADSM-L

Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X

2001-03-27 15:52:29
Subject: Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X
From: "Sandor W. Sklar" <ssklar AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:52:59 -0800
Just adding one more voice here... we're in the process of expanding
our TSM service from just doing the server room to rolling out backup
service to the campus.  There are a lot of Macs around, and I don't
expect that number to decrease.

Tivoli, are you listening?

--
sandor w. sklar
sandor w. sklar

I believe that MacOS X started shipping on March 24th, and that new
Macintoshes will start shipping with MacOS X pre-installed on them
beginning this summer.  I agree with Richard's comments, but I'd be happy
if Tivoli treated MacOS X at least as seriously as they treated prior
versions of MacOS.  This is not some strange flavor of MacOS that won't get
used much - this will be shipped on all new Macs.  I've seen it - it's
slick.  Here at Cornell, we have to have a backup solution for it.

An Apple rep told me that Retrospect is working on a version that supports
OS X.  Is anyone aware of any other products (preferably enterprise-class)
that will support OS X?

..Paul