ADSM-L

Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X

2001-03-27 14:55:31
Subject: Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:56:07 -0500
>I asked the local Tivoli rep when the Mac OS X client was expected to be
>released. The answer was that it was not scheduled.

This unfortunately fits in with the historical, deplorable condition
of the Mac client.  Tivoli apparently believes that only client systems
in business environments should be supported, and there could not
possibly be any significant number of Macs in business environments;
and if there were, the data on them would not be backed up anyway.
Self-fulfilling prophecy.  If I were managing the TSM product, I would
spend the relative pittance to make the Mac client one of the facets
which would attract customers of all kinds to the TSM product.
Limited thinking produces limited results.

  Richard Sims, BU