ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful

2001-03-27 14:54:18
Subject: Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:54:42 -0500
That rings a bell.  It seems that several months ago I had a probelm with one
tape.  Looking at the tapeutil inventory for that slot it showed the "Slot
State" for that element address as "Error" or similar instead of Normal.  I
checked out the tape, examined the barcode and checked it back in and it was
o.k. then, it probably went into a different slot..

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> James.Poehlman AT BDK DOT COM 03/27/01 02:23PM >>>
My 3575 L12 had to have the barcode reader replaced for this problem after
about 6 months.  It seemed to pick on certain slots. IBM adjusted
twice, then replaced.  I have also had some cartridges that the bar code
reader could not read,  and in one case misread the barcode.  This was a
tape
-barcode problem.  Barcode looked fine, but barcode reader could not
read it.  I have had about five of these out of about 1000 tapes.
read it.  I have had about five of these out of about 1000 tapes.
Try tapes in different slots.
Denny P.