ADSM-L

Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X

2001-03-27 14:22:40
Subject: Re: WG: TSM Client for OS X
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:34:23 EST
In article <20010327.110538.981971.NETNEWS AT VM.SAS DOT COM>, Andreas Rensch
<RenschA AT ALTE-LEIPZIGER DOT DE> says:

>> Hello,
>>
>> is there a TSM Client for the new Mac OS X operating system?
>>
>> mfg / regards
>>
>> andreas rensch / rz-qs

Hello Andreas

I asked the local Tivoli rep when the Mac OS X client was expected to be
released. The answer was that it was not scheduled.
They did put a request in for this support in our name. But as we only
have a few mac OS X clients this is not going to carry a lot of weight.

It appears that anyone that requires this support or thinks that they
will require this support, should contact their Tivoli support folks
and vote for the support. That is one must let Tivoli know that not
having the support will cost them business. Then Tivoli can
compare this loss of business with the cost of support.

For Some sites this may not just the few client licenses that are not
purchased, but the whole enterprise. As a site might want a backup
solution that can be used for the whole enterprise. Or at least
minimize the number of backup solutions.

len
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513