ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful

2001-03-27 12:49:58
Subject: Re: Audit Library Unsuccessful
From: Roger C Cook <rcook AT ROTECH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:54:23 -0500
I have a 3575 L32 on AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 4.1.2. I had to manually inventory
mine using a printout from "select home_element, volume_name from libvolumes
order by home_element". I removed any that were not on the list and checked
out the ones that were on the list but not in the library. Now the audit
library completes successfully, yet every time I get the "Unable to read
barcode..." message. I compare what is in the slot to what the system says
should be there (same), then pull the tape and re-insert it. Then the
library does its init element to rescan. I run audit db and a different slot
will give the error. I have went through this cycle four times. Any request
for the tape in error work fine, though. Any suggestions?

Roger C Cook
RCG Information Services