ADSM-L

Re: 4.1.2.12 Client Reporting Erroneous Elapsed Processing Time

2001-03-26 12:04:35
Subject: Re: 4.1.2.12 Client Reporting Erroneous Elapsed Processing Time
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIAGARAMOHAWK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:04:12 -0500
Andy,

We are having the problem as well. Thanks for the update.  This issue, in
addition to "-clusternode=yes invalid" being reported as an error on our
new Win2k cluster when it shouldn't be, is keeping me from upgrading my
clients from 3.7.2.  Our NT Admins are already annoyed by the fact that you
can't click on the gray box to select a directory for restore on our NT
cluster boxes.  With the political climate being what it is here, I don't
want to tell them "the good news is we fixed one quirk. but now we have a
new one you need to know about".

I know Tivoli has been hammered pretty hard about quality control on this
listserv, but you guys need to know that it's tough for big TSM supporters
like me to make a case for continued use of TSM with little quirks like
these at nearly every maintenance level.  I've hit them in many of the NT
client levels in particular. Those that would prefer to use alternate
backup products at my company ask the question "if we can't even select a
directory during a relatively small restore or get an accurate elapsed time
for a backup, how can we be sure that when it becomes time to do major
recoveries with TSM that it will be up to the job"?   Their words not mine.

My 2 cents for what it's worth..

Thanks
Jeff Connor
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp