ADSM-L

Re: 3583 tape library sharing support

2001-03-26 09:53:06
Subject: Re: 3583 tape library sharing support
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:53:43 -0700
In order for this to work if you have LVD 3580 drives in your 3583 library
your SAN Data Gateway Router 2108-R03 must have the LVD scsi connections.
Likewise if you have HVD 3580 drives in your 3583 library your SAN Data
Gateway router 2108-R03 must have the HVD scsi connections.  Unfortunately
in my SAN I have LVD 3580 drives and a HVD 2108-R03.
A showBox command from my SAN Data Gateway Router shows what type of scsi
connections it has.

lab_SDGWR > showBox
        _                                       _
 Front //|                                     //|
      // /------------------------------------// |
     // /                                    //  |
    // /                                    //   |
   // /                             /-----///    /
  ///====/                         /  1  ///    /
 /========================================/    /
 | [HVDT]                                 |   /
 |                               [FCOSW]  |  /
 | [HVDT]                                 | /
HVDT = SCSI High Voltage Differential - Terminated
FCOSW = FibreChannel Optical Short Wave

SCSI-1 requires High Voltage Differential cable
SCSI-2 requires High Voltage Differential cable
FCOSW-1 slot-1 requires FibreChannel Multi-Mode (SW) cable

value = 0 = 0x0

Beyond that, it should work.

James Thompson