ADSM-L

Password synchronisation

2001-03-23 04:18:33
Subject: Password synchronisation
From: Wolfgang Herkenrath <w.herkenrath AT LVR DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:18:16 +0100
Hi *SMer's,

is there a way to synchronize the password for one node on two server's?
I have 2 TSM-Servers (3.7.*), one at OS390, one at AIX.
I registered 1 Node (AIX) at both servers. The registration at the OS390 exist
for a longer time.
I add the AIX-Server to dsm.sys with option passwordaccess generate.
When I try to connect to the AIX-Server I get Message ANS1503E, password not
availible. So I think by my self, ok, at the passwordfile the client can only
find the generated password for my OS390-Server. So I set the option
passworddir for the AIX-Server, but it themes that it doesn't work.
With passwordaccess prompt I've got no problems.

So, is there a way to use passwordacces generate and synchronize the password
at two servers?
 TIA

Wolfgang