ADSM-L

Storage pools and Cached files

2001-03-22 17:05:18
Subject: Storage pools and Cached files
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:05:34 -0800
I have not heard from anyone on this so I'm going to ask again. I can't seem
to find an answer so my guess is I can't copy this data from tape to disk. I
have a disk pool with cached data on it. It does copy to tha offsite pool
and to tape in the 3494. For whatever reason the copy on the disk is not the
same as tape. There seems to be much more data on tape and I need it on
disk.

Is it possible to copy this data from a primary tape pool, or copy pool, to
the disk pool? If not, if I delete the data on the tape will TSM then back
up all the data from the clients again? I do need to get this data back on
disk, but since it's from 100+ different nodes I need the easiest way to
accomplish this.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer